ExperiencedIn Air ICU Level Care. Elite And Specialized Medical Team Members, Fast Response Time.
Available 24/7/365Carefully curated response gear positioned in strategic operating locations that is deployment ready.
Deployment ReadyWe'll Get You Home Safely With ICU Level Medical Care. Based in St. Thomas. Board-Certified Directors.
What is an air ambulance?
Air Ambulance Available
Think of an air ambulance as a flying intensive care unit (ICU). The AeroMD team cares for critically ill or injured patients in the air, just as intensive care unit professionals do in a hospital. When configured for medical evacuation flights, aircraft include a patient stretcher and seating for their companion. Air ambulances also accommodate the AeroMD medical team, including a critical care registered nurse and respiratory therapist or paramedic.
A pilot and co-pilot ensure a safe and smooth flight from the cockpit, expertly navigating at night or through inclement weather when emergencies necessitate. Satellite phones connect both the pilot and medical teams to unlimited resources on the ground. This enables the receiving medical team at the destination facility to be briefed on the patient’s current condition before, the air ambulance wheels even touch the ground. In addition to accommodating passengers and pilots, an air ambulance includes extensive, state-of-the-art medical equipment.
- Gear AeroMD has invested in high-tech gear to best equip our medical team to care for patients in our air ambulances. This includes top-notch ventilators, defibrillators and IV pumps-- with which our team members train constantly.
- High Quality Care Our aeromedical teams can perform some lab work in-flight along with administer medications. In-house on a weekly basis, our teams utilize gear on medical dummies for training exercises. To be successful in Air Ambulance operations, safety and mission preparation serve as the primary focus of our day. Our teams continuously prepare for any mission they might encounter.
- Annual Air Ambulance Training Annually, our teams attend in-depth training stateside at a top-tier medical facility, to further expand their knowledge of medical equipment and how to maximize its use for air ambulance patients.
- Devoted Team The AeroMD Air Ambulance team which staff our air ambulances are highly trained, skilled professionals with years of experience in air medical transport. These critical care nurses and respiratory therapists are experts at what they do, closely monitoring patient vital signs and adjusting oxygen and other treatments, as the air ambulance ascends and descends.
- The Difference What truly differentiates the AeroMD medical team from others is their collective, continuing education. When they are not flying life-saving missions, they train relentlessly to handle any medical scenario. Unlike other air ambulance service providers, AeroMD medical team members work closely together, in trainings on the ground and with patients in the air. These repetitive experiences allow them to provide air ambulance patients streamlined, consistent care at the highest level.
Air Ambulance Dispatch
Immediately after your call, our team swings into action. Unlike other air transport and ambulance services, we do not need to charter a plane. Our dedicated air ambulance aircraft and medical teams are headquartered in the Eastern Caribbean. This allows you to avoid unnecessary waiting, saving precious time.
The AeroMD dispatch team works relentlessly 24/7/365 to get air ambulances off the ground as soon as a patient case necessitates it. As emergencies do not happen on a schedule, our air medical communicators and dispatchers work at all hours, day and night, to facilitate critical missions. From the first patient or companion call to our global command center to the air ambulance landing, our dispatchers are involved with each facet of a flight, including customs clearance when required. This combination of teams ready around-the-clock means patients in AeroMD air ambulances are wheels-up in a matter of hours versus days— time that can make a life-saving difference.
AeroMD provides medical transport / aeromedical services tailored to individuals, families, and groups who live or travel to locations, where healthcare resources are limited.
The core of AeroMD is our Caribbean-based, 24/7, dedicated air ambulance service. Our fleet of aircraft was handpicked for operating in the Caribbean and are completely outfitted to serve as flying intensive care units.
The founders of AeroMD had a mission to offer a superior air ambulance service to residents and visitors facing medical emergencies.
“AeroMD was about a vision of deploying a far forward fixed wing critical care capability. It had to be close to those in need – in the most remote areas of the Caribbean and the world.”
Brendan Anzalone Chief Medical Officer/President
Life Saving Air Ambulance Plans
Whether you're an individual, couple or family; AeroMD provides an exit strategy in case of a medical emergency.
- As low as $1 per day
Get everyday peace-of-mind with an AeroMD plan. When the unexpected happens, be prepared to get to the ideal medical facility for your case.
Particularly for businesses that send team members on-the-road, AeroMD offers superior protection.
- Contact us for rates
When your team members work remotely or travel often, AeroMD offers an exit strategy in case of a medical emergency.
If you're on vacation or snowbird in the Caribbean every winter, AeroMD offers peace-of-mind air ambulance membership.
- As low as $1 per day
On a pleasure trip, the last thing you want to worry about is an emergency. AeroMD membership eliminates concern with total coverage.
AeroMD Air Ambulance serves our neighbors throughout the Caribbean and worldwide.
“My best case for survival was to be taken off-island.”
Charles Jaquays, AeroMD Patient
“You guys saved [my husband's] life.”
Eileen des Jardins, Patient Companion
“If it wasn't for [AeroMD], I wouldn't be here today.”
Hayley Rodriguez, AeroMD Patient